A film by Ben Shapiro
“Anyone haunted by Mr. Crewdson’s photographs, each one as complex in orchestration as a movie scene, will be compelled as the methodical process is revealed.”
— Steve Dollar, The Wall Street Journal
An acclaimed photographer with the eye of a filmmaker, Gregory Crewdson has created some of the most gorgeously haunting pictures in the history of the medium. His meticulously composed, large-scale images are stunning narratives of small-town American life—moviescapes crystallized into a single frame.
While the photographs are elaborately staged with crews that rival many feature film productions, Crewdson takes inspiration as much from his own dreams and fantasies as the worlds of Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, Edward Hopper and Diane Arbus. Crewdson’s imagery has also infiltrated the pop culture landscape—from inimitable Six Feet Under ads to Yo La Tengo album art. Shot over a decade with unprecedented access, Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters beautifully bares the artist’s process—and it’s as mesmerizing and riveting as the images themselves.
- HD transfer, enhanced for widescreen viewing
- Deleted scenes of Gregory Crewdson photo shoots
- Additional interviews with Crewdson, Russell Banks, Rick Moody, and more
- Film Independent at LACMA Q&A with director Ben Shapiro, Crewdson and writer Jonathan Lethem in conversation with Elvis Mitchell
- Original theatrical trailer
- Optional subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired (SDH)
We can ship to USA only. Canadian customers please visit Films We Like.
SHIPPING: Shipping fee ranges from $5 for US Mail to $16 for 2-Day shipping regardless of quantity purchased.